Cybercriminals are watching you, are you watching them?
Derek Morris Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) for Wolf & Company, P.C.
Todd Neilson Vice President of Information Security for NICE CXOne
Seth Berl Chief Technology Officer for GovSmart, Inc.
Christopher Maynard Chief Information Security Officer for LexisNexis Reed Tech
The criminals know everything about us and we typically know little or nothing about them until an attack begins. Which means every piece of intelligence we can gather improves our chances of deflecting an attack. Enhanced visibility and intelligence lets organizations close off weak links in their supply chains and eliminate vulnerable points of entry.
Join us to learn what cybersecurity leaders are doing in counter intelligence to respond to cyberthreats in real time.
About the Speakers
Derek Morris is a Senior Manager in Wolf’s Advisory Group, where he provides Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) services to clients. He has over 25 years of experience in information technology (IT), security, and infrastructure across numerous industries including banking, manufacturing, retail, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Prior to joining Wolf, he was a Senior Security Consultant for an IT audit and compliance firm, where he provided vCISO, System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Readiness, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Report on Compliance, and cybersecurity assessment services to clients. He holds numerous industry certifications including CISSP, CISM, CISA, CDPSE, PCI-QSA, CCSFP, CCNA, and MCSA. Derek has a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems from Bryant University with a minor in Applied Statistics. Client industries include Banking and Credit Unions, Healthcare, Tech/SAAS, Manufacturing and Retail and others.
Todd Neilson is the Vice President of Information Security for NICE CXOne (formally InContact) and leads the global security efforts. Prior to joining NICE CXOne Todd was the Global Director of security consulting for World Wide Technology where he created the go to market strategy and security services and managed a team of vCISO leaders. Most recently Todd co-founded Secuvant, an MSSP and Consulting company where he served as the vCISO for over 40 companies, and later sold his interest in a private equity transaction in 2019. Todd has been blessed with a 35 year career in IT and Cyber security working for companies such as US West, Nokia, IBM, Sprint and CA Technologies (Broadcom). He enjoys creating security practice, providing leadership and hands-on technical expertise to executives and companies. Todd and his family live in Salt Lake City Utah where he enjoys skiing, riding his motorcycle and investing in real estate.
Seth Berl is the Chief Technology Officer for GovSmart. Seth provides his technology, research, and academic expertise to identify products and services, build partnerships, and lead innovation with a future strategic vision. He applies these practices at GovSmart, and regularly helps customers solve complex technical problems and business challenges.
Seth has a formal education in physics and electrical engineering. He earned his Doctorate and Master’s Degree in physics from the University of Virginia (UVA) in experimental atomic physics. Seth has worked on projects led by various government agencies, including: DARPA, DOE (Jefferson Lab), NASA, NSF, and Air Force. Using his scientific/engineering knowledge and problem solving skills, he founded and operated a high technology consulting company with clients including Fortune 500 companies prior to his tenure at GovSmart and UVA. Some of Seth’s business and technology interests include, but are not limited to: enterprise networks, embedded system hardware & software, aerospace/defense satellite communications, research & development, and general problem solving.
Christopher Maynard is the Chief Information Security Officer for LexisNexis Reed Tech.
• Forward thinking and experienced executive cybersecurity risk manager with 20 years of US government service
• Cybersecurity technical expert in Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation governance, computer forensics, SOC operations, penetration testing, IV&V and IT audits, incident response, investigation, analytics, governance, policy and training.
• Experienced in cyber counterintelligence, intrusion analysis, technical surveillance, procurement fraud and corruption investigations.
• Subject matter expert in emerging technologies and modernization related to mobile enterprise security.
• Management consultant with expertise in business process improvement and development of strategic goals. Strong attention to detail and customer centric problem-solving expertise.
• Proven leader in diverse global incident response teams, excelling in creating partnerships with multinational government and private industry organizations.
• Actively engaged with leading industry experts to achieve the DHS CIO vision and strategy.